Friday, March 27, 2009

The "Big" Ultrasound

Today I get my nuchal translucent ultrasound. I'm super excited. It's been four weeks since I've seen my baby!
This is the one where they test for downs syndrome and measure the fetus to determine the exact due date. I'm aware that there could be something wrong, that perhaps I shouldn't be referring to Peanut as my baby just yet.
But I can't help feeling excitement. It's like a loved one returning home from a trip abroad. I'm waiting at the airport, and the anticipation of seeing him/her is growing as the minutes tick away.
First trimester is almost over and I feel fantastic.

1 comment:

  1. sooo exciting!! let me know how it goes! ps-- i'm trying to follow you on twitter but your posts are still protected & invisible to me.

    ReplyDelete